For anyone who saw my previous pillow post and was wondering what came of the "pillow to be" I finally have your answer. I actually did really good on it! Which I was not only excited about because I was actually really pretty proud of it, but because I've only recently begun getting A's on my design projects.
As a reminder, this was about the stage I was at when I posted last time... I knew I wanted to do a print on the back, reminiscent of shields, and burlap on the front with a sewed on shield.
|Invite on the inside|
I'm still really pleased with how well the pillow turned out. It looks almost exactly like how I had planned for it to in my sketches.
I used a screen print process for the back, which adds a unique element, since not all the shields will have turned out the same. I also love how the shield on the front turned out! I ended up hand sewing it, which gave it more character. Over all I think it went pretty well!
For a few more photos feel free to look at my flickr!