Wednesday, October 12, 2011

In the Next Year....

The other night I sat down and made a list of some things I want to do/accomplish in the next year of designing. They're things I've been thinking about wanting to do for a while but never really made the time or effort to try, but I really want to see how it goes. 
  • create a suitable banner for my blog
  • define my blog and where it's going a tiny bit more

  • create an infographic

This Book is perfect for looking up different inspirations and types of infographics
and overall ways to arrange data
                
This was my favorite infographic.
It's a family tree created by dividing each
section into 2 people (parents) of said person (so on and so on)

  • create an ambigram
I'm actually making on right now, but shhh it's a surprise for a little girl's birthday!
This ambigram was the easiest to read, but so super awesome. 
I found a tutorial here but it seems a little awkward, I won't lie. It's a really good start 
to creating one though! Personally, I just dove on in. Practice makes perfect!

  • create a beautifully scripted poster/design (all type)
If you haven't heard of Jessica Hiche, please Google her now and sit in awe while looking at her website.... Don't worry if your jaw drops a bit, she's mad talented. 

  • create a take-along portfolio for everywhere I go (aka improve networking skills)
  • network (in general)
  • learn how to compose text (mixing and matching fonts incredibly well)
Any designer, aside from you masters of type-mixology should definitely 
bookmark this page (and if you masters o' type want to bookmark it too, I encourage it). 
It's got really sound advice on mixing fonts. Something I've super 
recently started divulging into. It's not quite there yet, but yet again, practice makes perfect.

  • learn to work photoshop amazingly so I can incorporate my illustrations without having to vector them
  • become more detailed in my illustrations
I tried not to admit to myself that my drawings need more detail. This is probably the 
most detailed thing I've done and it's still lacking a lot.... 
This also goes along with my learn photoshop goal (above). I loose something
between my hand and the computer... I can't explain it. 
  • create a series of characters 
I want to make more characters and develop them more. Maybe one day I can even see 
it in my heart to give them hands and feet (see above) haha 


What goals do you guys want to start on or accomplish?

1 comment:

  1. First off I have to say that I love your title font. It kicks butt.

    Second, you're mad talented yourself - give it up for Joanna everybody!

    As for goals, I'm not entirely sure. Make good grades in school obviously. I'd like to at least TRY to see you once. If you can find time in your busy schedule this next year.

    ILOVEYOU

    ReplyDelete